Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Today I knitted a baby hat in wool for the Dulann project or the preemie project that I had started as a teaching project yesterday at the shawl knitting group. I've been asked to teach a couple of (prob slow paced) classes on knitting in the round for caps and things. I'm shocked and flattered, esp. since I've not been knitting even a year at this point. I'm going to work this week on a pattern and a handout. One of the members actually called on her cell phone to stop by and get some help picking up dropped stitches today. I was really happy to be able to help out.

Toddler sweater diaster!!!
DuH! I started a sweater for Joshua about 2 months ago or so. Today I tried it on and it completely doesn't fit. I'm going to do some rapid decreases and make it into a hat. An adult hat. I could scream. Really loudly. Next time I'm knitting a size above and with thick yarn and big ass needles!!!! At least it'll come out useful in it's life as a hat and it's wool so it'll be warm. It was some of that nice Paton's Classic Wool merino in a self striping colorway. To make up for this atrocity I am doing the measurements for another sweater using the Elizabeth Zimmerman book "Knitting without Tears" which seems appropiate somehow! I think I'm going to model the next one off a 3T sweater and go from there.

New Knitting group...I'm trying to organize a local knitting group similiar to my BAM group in SC which I really miss. Those ladies really inspired me and I didn't realize till I moved up here how fastpaced the learning enviroment was there! Hopefully I'll find knitters here and we'll all learn and enjoy ourselves learning new things about knitting just as much.

No comments: