Tuesday, June 12, 2007

still, still scouring...

If I've measured correctly the sample from VJ is 8.5 to 9 inches and I *think* the bags of wool are going to be comparable. I'm trying to find info on spinning from the fold vs spinning from the lock right now to determine how best to spin up this grey sample from vj which came to 9.3 ozs after scouring and drying. The pretty heathered effect of the wool cries out to be dyed but I'm not sure in what way so I'm letting the idea kick around in my head. I think your book is spot on and while this wool will felt I don't think it's going to be a great or easy felter! I scoured about 15.40 ozs of a choc. merino but I think I have about that much more of it to scour before I'm done. I put some cormo thru the at the same time but the results were less pleasing and it's still a bit greasy so I'm going to run it again after pt tomorrow.

--Wed. to do...
drain and rinse kiddie pool wool
drain and scour washbasin wool
rescour cormo
start sorting thru the Hallie woolbreak bag of fleece to scour for felting on Sat.

No comments: