Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

Today I finished one of two fingerless mittens in Alpaca based off the "fetching" pattern from Knitty.com but changed to suit my hand and style preferences. I got rid of the picot edging. It was awesome but folds over too easily and instead I used a set of slightly larger needles to do a stretchy bindoff. I want to start the second mitten tomorrow and hopefully finish it by the end of the week. I also need to start a shawl or baby hat for the Prayershawl group I've just started attending. We moved from a place with 4 or 5 knitting groups meeting each week to a place where I've only been able to find one. I like charity knitting---it's nice to feel like something I'm doing might mean something to someone who needs a pickmeup.

Knitting projects on the needles:
fingerless mittens
toddler sweater (paused do to lack of knowledge)
knitting projects to start
charity baby hat
shawl with dyed yarns

No comments: